Summer vacation will be upon us sooner than you think. For my family and I we have less than a week. This means most of the country will be going on vacation. Now vacation for many folks means a great place where you can sit on the beach and enjoy the ocean. I am always down for this. I mean who wouldn’t. But I also have a bucket list of places I would love to visit that aren’t so close to the ocean as well. One place that comes to mind for me is St. Louis. I have increasingly become interested in visiting St. Louis because of a certain show I have seen on television. They have this restaurant that I would love to visit. But besides this restaurant I have found through a little research that St. Louis has some other great places to offer that would making visiting great. Before I get into these great places I want to thank Explore St. Louis for sponsoring this post. To find out what my family and I could do in St. Louis for fun I headed to the Explore St. Louis site. I compiled a list of things that I knew would interest my family. I’m going to share this list and explain why I think that we would love it.
- The Gateway Arch: This is the first place that I think my family and I would love to visit. This arch is 630 feet tall. It gives an amazing view from the top. This fits in with the beautiful views we see when we go hiking. We love things like this. Here is an example of one of the views we have seen while hiking. I wonder what we would see at the top of the Gateway Arch.
- Six Flags St. Louis: We have been to Six Flags here in Georgia numerous times. It is a must that we visit the one in St. Louis to compare the two. I just want to know how different they are. We love the one down here.
- Saint Louis Zoo: We are a family of animal lovers. So it is only right that we visit the zoo. I don’t think any two zoos are exactly a like. You get different experiences from each of them. My son is the biggest animal lover of them all. This would be perfect for him.
- Forest Park: This puts us in the middle of St. Louis. It is one of the largest urban parks in the United states. It has been around since 1904. From the pictures I’ve seen it is absolutely beautiful. We are surrounded by a lot of great tourist attractions. Such as the Art Museum, Zoo, and Science Center. It is similar to Centennial Park here in Georgia
- City Museum: This Museum is one of the top places on my list to visit. I think that it is so cool that the entire park is made from recycled material. Kids and adults a like can have fun. I think I would be all over the place in this museum. I actually wish Georgia had a place like this for my family and I to visit.
- Saint Louis Science Center: My kids love science. The Saint Louis Science Center would be right up their alley. They love to learn about why things are the way they are. I love to see their eyes light up when they get to learn. It is even better when they get to actually touch some things.
- Meramec Caverns: These caverns go right with our outside lifestyle. We have been loving the outdoors lately. I would love to explore this underground cavern.
- The Old Courthouse: We would visit here because we love history and learning. This would be a perfect stop for us. The Old Courthouse is where the Dred Scott case was held. I think this would be fun.
- Missouri History Museum: We love museums. Again it’s another opportunity to learn. I believe each museum offers something different. I love just learning about history and seeing great things.
- Museum of Transportation: I have never heard of this museum until now. This sounds like an amazing place. I am sure my kids would love to learn about the different forms of transportation. I also love how affordable the entry fee is. You can see over 300 pieces of transportation once you enter. I think my son would love this.
- The Eugene Field House And St. Louis Toy Museum: This is again connected to our love of history. I think this is more for me than anything. I just would love to see the history of toys.
- The World Aquarium: Did I mention how we love animals? This visit wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the aquarium. No matter where we are we love seeing underwater creatures. So this a stop we would have to make on our trip.
St. Louis looks like it would be perfect for a family vacation. This is just a few of the things you can do in St. Louis. There is so much more. You can head to the Explore St. Louis Website to find out what else there is for families to do. I hope to be able to visit with my family one day. One lucky person can have this dream vacation if you enter to win a trip by clicking the link below. If you enter You and your family could win a two night stay to St. Louis, tickets to several attractions, and a $50 Visa gift card. You have until June 30th to register.