This past Saturday my baby girl Nishe’ celebrated her birthday. She turned 14. Each time she turns another year it is bittersweet. I am grateful that The Husband and I have been able to guide her to another year. She is turning into an amazing little lady and I am so enjoying watching her grow. Every birthday I am instantly taken back to the day she entered the world and gave me the title Mom. It is such an honor to have that title and I thank her so much for giving it to me. This little lady is 1/4 of my world. I’ll admit that when she first turned into a teenager I was a bit scared but now I’m thinking it isn’t so bad. She, The Husband, and Tyler truly make life worth living. So in honor of her day I wanted to share 14 things about her that I love and adore.
1. She is a great big sister. She has adored her brother from the moment she found out I was pregnant with him.
2. She has a kind heart.
3. She is sweet.
4. She loves her books. I’m telling you the kid goes through books like it is water.
5. She is smart.
6. She is beautiful.
7. She is comfortable in her skin.
8. She has big dreams for her future. Honestly so far she has said she wants to be a fashion designer and a chef so far.
9. She still loves to spend time with her parents.
10. She is a protector. She will stand up for others if she is able to.
11. She has a great imagination. She sometimes writes stories and I get a thrill out of reading them.
12. She is a joy to be around.
13. She has a great sense of humor.
14. She is just an all around great human being.
I have enjoyed seeing my baby go from this little baby:
Into this beautiful and amazing young lady:
I can’t wait to see what the next year has to hold.