One thing that I love about the talk show The Real is that they share some interesting facts about health. I’ve been meaning to share some with you but haven’t had a chance to until now. Mainly because I always forget to write them down. I’ve learned a lot from watching this show. Just another reason why I am a fan. Okay here we go 5 things I didn’t know until I watched The Real.
1. Squatting over the toilet can cause a urinary tract infection because pelvic muscles tighten which stops your bladder from emptying properly and ridding it of bacteria.
2. Place your purse on the floor or the back of a chair instead of the table because your purse is covered in bacteria. Studies show that a third of purses are covered in the bacteria E. Coli.
3. Wearing flats can cause you to put all your weight on your heels. Doing this can cause chronic heel pain or tendinitis.
4. Wearing heels can create a balance problem that can cause your knees and hips to lean forward and isn’t good for your back.
5. Drinking with a straw all the time can cause a break down of collagen and elastic in your mouth. This can cause permanently wrinkly around your lips.
Are you surprised by some of these facts? Did you already know some of them?