I always wonder how successful people get to the point of being successful. I know it definitely isn’t easy. I started paying attention to some of the successful people that I admire and listening to their stories and words of wisdom that they share. Two of the people that I admire are Oprah and Tiffany Haddish. I have really been listening to Tiffany Haddish’s story as of late. Her story is a truly great one. She was in foster care, homeless, and everything else. But look at her now. I have yet to read her book “The Last Black Unicorn”. But you better believe it’s on my book list to read. Okay I have a confession. One of my guilty television show pleasures is to watch the television show The Rap Game. If you haven’t heard of the show it’s where this music producer name Jermaine Dupri picks 5 young rappers to come into a home and compete to win a contract with his record label for about 10 weeks. They have to do challenges in order to win. Well this season of the show wrapped up last week. The person who won is this little guy named Street Bud. I have to tell you I really admire this kid. Him and his mom were homeless and his dad was in and out of prison. However one thing I noticed about this young man is he was always confident and he was always telling Jermaine Dupri to have his chain ready. In the end he came out the victor.
I noticed that Tiffany Haddish and Street Bud along with other successful people have some things in common. Here are 7 things that I notice about successful people:
- Success people stay motivated. They are always thinking about their goals and dreams.
- Successful people work hard. They work on their goals and dreams every day. They leave and breathe their dream every day.
- Successful people are goal oriented. They never take a step without having a goal in mind.
- Successful people don’t give up. They can here no over and over but will pick themselves up and keep going.
- Success people are willing to think outside of the box. They are willing to think differently and think of creative ideas to get their dreams out there.
- Successful people are confident. Their confidence helps them shine. They believe they are going to get where they want to be no matter who tells them differently.
- Failure is motivation for successful people. They just seem to keep going.
Since I’ve noticed these things I have been trying to do better in these areas. I must say it is hard to change your mind set. Especially one that has been thinking the same way for years. I am determined to meet my goals and be successful. So I am ready to change whatever I need to so that I can be where I want to be in life. What is something that you notice about successful people.