This week was a rough one for me. Things just weren’t going the way that I wanted them to. I wasn’t getting along with The Husband due to reasons that were my fault. We can both be stubborn at times and it takes us time to get back right. When we don’t get along it causes me to have writer’s block. I don’t really know what to write about because I’m focusing on what is going on with us. I hate it when that happens. It’s like my imagination just disappears with no trace. I’ve even considered cannabis, such as the sour cheese strain, to help my creativity and calm my fights with my husband. Anyway, I was thinking about how can I capitalize on this. Then it came to me. I could share what I do to calm my mind and get it back into a good space so that I can properly deal with a situation.
1. Read a good book: I love to read being able to travel to a distant land or just focus on something else has a calming affect on me. I’m currently in New York. Which is the destination of the current book I’m reading.
2. Listen to music: music also has a calming effect on me. I often just dance and since I can’t dance I find myself laughing at myself.
3. Hot Shower: its something about a great shower that I find calming. I find myself spending so much time in the bathroom on a weekly basis just to enjoy a soothing shower. This could only increase with a bathroom remodel as having frameless shower doors is a dream of mine as it is such a luxurious design feature and would make the room so much more appealing to be in. I think my partner would have a difficult job wrenching me away from the shower if we ever had this in our home.
4. Tv show marathon: I pick a show and just pig out watching a show or I watch a variety of shows.
5. Exercise: since I’m currently on a fitness kick. I find a good round of tae-bo or any exercise does wonders to ease a mind.
So there you have it. There are my ways to bring myself down. What is it that you do?