I love to visit different places. For me a vacation doesn’t always have to be on the beach. I think it is great to visit places that not many people know about. Durham, North Carolina is one of those places. As soon as I heard about it I decided to go see what this city has to offer so that my family and I could plan a visit. We plan to visit soon. Even though we haven’t visited yet doesn’t mean you can’t visit some of these great places on our list.
Durham has some great things for family. Here are some of the things that we plan to do when we visit.
- Durham Bulls at Durham Bulls Athletic Park: I would love for my family and I to see this baseball game. I heard that the games are really entertaining.
- Duke Lemur Center: My kids love animals. So this would be perfect for them. Being able to see lemurs would make their day. The Duke Lemur Center was founded in 1966. It is home to 31 different primates. This would keep my kids busy for awhile.
- Museum Of Life & Science: My kids love history and learning. So the Museum of Life & Science would be another great spot for us. I still love to learn as well. So being able to do this with them would be great.
- West Point at Eno/Eno State Park: We love nature. So of course we are going to visit one of the state parks and take in the beautiful nature.
- A tour of Durham: It is definitely a must that we take a tour of Durham.
- Sara P. Duke Gardens: Another place that my family and I would love to visit. I don’t think the pictures I am seeing can do the beauty justice. I just want to see it in person.
Durham really seems like a great place for a summer getaway. Will you be visiting?