The family and I haven’t been doing any hiking up any mountains or visiting waterfalls lately. We eventually go back to it. But we have still been moving. We have switched back to walking some of the walking trails that Georgia has to offer. We are still trying to be active. Finding trails and hiking adventures have become one of our favorite past times. You get to spend time with your family with little distractions. I am going to share some of the trails that we walked with you. These trails are worth the walk. It will definitely be fun for everyone.
- Greenway Trail in Lilburn Georgia: This is the first trail on the list. It is approximately 19 minutes from my home in Stone Mountain. This trail is 4.2 miles long and runs into Lions Club Park. This park is very pretty. If you are a Fitbit addict like me. Walking this trail one way and then back to where you started at can you very close to your step goal. I got a majority of my 15,000 step goal on this trail.
- Alexander Park: This trail is found in Lawrenceville Georgia. It is approximately 30 minutes from my house. It is a large park. You can either spend time at the park or walk the trails. The trail is 1.7 miles long. So a couple of loops will get you close to your Fitbit step goal.
- South Peachtree Creek Trail: Another great trail that you would love. It is found in Decatur, Georgia. I came across this trail from a fellow blogger’s picture. She told me where it was and we hit it up. It is really nice. It goes over a train track. It is between two parks. Medlock Park and Mason Mill Park. We love both of these parks.
- Yellow River Park Trails: We have walked this trail a number of times this past summer. We actually just walked it this past weekend. We brought along my mother-in-law. There is a gorgeous view of the river that you can see from many angles on the trail.
- EastSide Beltline Trail (Near Old 4th Ward Park): This trail is near Old 4th Ward Park. It doesn’t take long to get to it from there. You can also check out a mini trail inside the park. The kids really enjoy coming here. Last time we were here we caught a parade. Tyler of course was in heaven. He got to see drums.
- Briscoe Park: This park has a short walking trail but it is still a nice enough walk where you can feel like you got some exercise. This is a really nice park. Last time we were here we actually caught a wedding.
- Henderson Mill Park: There is a really nice park here. But our favorite part is to walk the trails. I think this is where our love for waterfalls came from cause if you walk further to the back there is one back there. It is really nice. It’s not a big waterfall but it is pretty to look at.
So that is the list that I have so far. I hope if you are in the Georgia area or come visit that you check a few of these out. These walking trails are so pretty and relaxing. It definitely gives you some exercise. Many of the trails have a lake, river, or creek near by. So you will definitely nt be disappointed.