Have you ever had one of those days where you feel as if you’re not productive enough? I have had those days more than I can count. I have an idea why. I am of course queen of procrastination so I can easily find things that can distract me on a daily basis it really doesn’t take much. Those distractions can make things take much longer than they should. When I worked outside the home it was pretty easy to stay on task. All I had to do then was focus on that job. Being a work at home mom I have a lot to get done while my husband is at home and my kids are at school. There are chores plus my blogging.So being productive is very important. So yeah I am working on getting better. But I thought that I would share some of the things that I think are distracting me. Maybe you can relate. These are 7 things that I think are preventing me from being productive:
- Your phone: A phone can be one of your biggest distractions. Especially a smartphone. You can do so many things from phones. It’s beyond just talking on it now. There is social media, games, text, and television shows. What I do sometimes is I put my phone as far away from me as possible. That way I have to work to get it.
- You’re Unorganized: Okay I am the worse at being organized. I have sat down to get some work done many times and realized I couldn’t find something. Then I wind up spending more time looking for it than actually working. It is a really good idea to make sure that you have everything you need before you sit down to work. It is definitely a good idea to organize your workspace.
- You’re tired: If you don’t get a good night’s rest before you sit down to work you might not get as much done. Your body eventually tells you that you need sleep. Which encourages you to set the work you are doing aside to get some rest. So going to bed at a decent time will help.
- Television: I am a television junkie. In fact I usually record my shows and listen to them or watch them while I work. Sometimes though I get so caught up in a show I spend more time watching than working. So of course that means I am not being productive. I try turning it off sometimes or put it on something I’m not interested in because I hate quiet.
- You don’t have a schedule: Sometimes I find scheduling my day really helpful. That way I am not spending more time on one thing. It can be really helpful. Plus it keeps me from feeling overwhelmed.
- You are working on an empty stomach: I find when I skip a meal sometimes it can have a real impact on getting anything done. This is because I don’t have the energy to be productive. Plus I can’t focus because of course I am hungry. So make sure you have a good breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Also have some snacks near by. Preferably fruit or vegetables.
- Social Media: Even when I’m not on my phone I find myself on social media on my laptop. It is so easy to just open a new tab and get on social media. I try to only get on it when it is work related when I am doing work. Sometimes I still get wrapped into interesting post, funny video, or cute picture from time to time. It definitely does nothing to help me be productive. Now I am working on just staying off social media until I am finished with my work or do it before I start.
If you think this post sounds like you, you just might be doing the same things I am doing. So when you get in the bed tonight or have that I didn’t get anything done moment this might be why. Just make a few adjustments to your day and you might be more productive.