Last week I wanted to cook something really different for dinner. I have moments where I just want a break from the normal things I cook. My family really loves pasta and chicken. Our meals are pretty simple. We either bake or fry something. Every now and then I feel a need to challenge myself.
So this time I decided I wanted to make a pot pie. Only problem is I didn’t want chicken. Chicken is a common ingredient in pot pie. So I decided I wanted to make beef. My next problem was deciding what I wanted to put in my pie. I decided to keep it simple. I decided on bell peppers, carrots, and potatoes. I then decided to add cheddar cheese soup to my pot pie. I also purchased two pie crust. Once I had my ingredients I got to work.
- First I browned my ground beef.
- Next I added my canned carrots and diced potatoes.
- The next thing I added was my cheddar cheese soup.
- I stirred all my ingredients together in a bowl.
- After combining my ingredients I poured them into two pie crusts
- I added shredded cheese on top
- Lastly I placed it in the oven on 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
The cheese burger pot pie came out looking like this:
It looked so good. I couldn’t wait to give it a try. I immediately cut myself a slice and gave it a try. I was not disappointed. It was so good. It was a hit with my family as well. I made two pies and it was gone within two days. I’m so glad I tried this dish and might make it again in the future.