This weekend I finally tried a recipe that I have been wanting to try for months now. I made stuffed peppers. I have seen people make these and always wanted to try but never had the nerve. This past weekend I just decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and give it a try. I decided I wanted to fill mine with broccoli and ground turkey so I headed to the store. I picked up some ground turkey, onions, broccoli florets, cheese, and tomatoes.
This meal takes about an hour and a half to cook. It is really easy though. I set my oven to 350 degrees.
- I started off with chopping up my onions. I like my onions diced so I made them as small as I could. Then I put them in the pan and sautéed them.
- Next I added my ground turkey. I then cooked it along with the onions a few minutes more until the ground turkey was done.
- I then added a can of tomatoes. I let that cook for a little while maybe about 5 minutes.
- After that I added my broccoli florets. I then let all the ingredients simmer together.
- While my ingredients were simmering I cut open my peppers and removed the seeds.
- Then I scooped the ingredients into each of my peppers and added cheese on top of each.
- I put the peppers in a pan and added a small amount of water. After that I put them in the oven for 45 minutes.
They came out looking so delicious! They tasted delicious as well. It was so worth trying to make it. This is a really simple recipe that anyone can make. It is even more fun to use whatever ingredients you prefer to use. I am already thinking of other ingredients to use the next time I make these.