Last week I wanted to try something different for dinner. I’m trying to break myself out of doing the same thing for dinner. My inspiration for this dish was a Pilsbury commercial where a woman was making this very dish. Every time I would see the commercial I would say I want to try that. After saying it enough times with a little encouragement from The Husband I decided to go ahead and give it a try with a few minor changes. I headed to the grocery store and picked up the ingredients that I needed.
– Peas and carrots
– Grilled chicken strips (Fresh chicken can be used)
-Cream of mushroom soup (Cream of chicken was recommended)
– Shredded cheese (I decided to add this on my own)
This recipe is really easy.
1. Oil your muffin tins and then place the biscuits inside each one. I chose to make sure mine spilled over each cup a little.
2. Then you mix your carrots and peas and your chicken with the cream of mushroom soup. It is recommended that you let your peas and carrots thaw out if you choose to use frozen vegetables.
3. Next you fill each biscuit with the mixture and this is also when you add your shredded cheese on top.
4. Lastly you put them in the oven on 375 for 15-22 minutes. When done they come out like so:
I had so much fun with this. My kids helped me make this recipe. We had so much fun talking, dancing, and cooking. They have already told me that they want to make this again. I think that they could probably make this by themselves. I think this is great for young kids to help out in the kitchen as well.
If you decided to try this recipe I would love for you to come back and tell me about your experience. Would you try this recipe?