Halloween is right around the corner. I consider Halloween as the forgotten holiday because way before it hits people are usually ready to move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas. So in our household we try to enjoy the holiday while we can. Although we don’t go trick or treating or dress up we do enjoy having fun with it. This time we decided to have some fun in the kitchen. I had always seen mummy dogs in Pillsbury commercials and have always wanted to give it a try. So when I was given the opportunity to give it a try from Pillsbury I jumped on it. I couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen with my kids and whip some up.
First we headed to our local Publix and gathered our ingredients. We decided on of course Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, hotdogs, cheese, and for added flavor some turkey bacon (my kids idea not mine. They love bacon.). Then we hurried home so that we could get started on our fun project.
- 1 can of either 8 count dinner rolls or crescent rolls.
- 1 pack of large hotdogs.
- 2 1/2 slices of sliced cheese.
- 1 can of cooking spray (I actually forgot this ingredient).
- Kecthup or Mustard ( We decided on chilli as well)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- If you are using crescent rolls separate them at the perforation points. Creating 4 triangles.
- Slice each triangle in to 4 slices. Slice cheese into slices as well.
- Wrap 4 slices of dough around a hotdog and then wrap a slice of cheese around the hotdog. Separate bandages so that you can see the hotdog. Then place it on an ungreased cookie sheet. Spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 13-17 minutes.
Want to have some extra money to buy those Pillsbury Crescent rolls then enter to win $10 below: