My family and I have recently just fallen in love with hiking. I mean it has just been so exciting. We have seen some amazing things. Who knew that Georgia had so many beautiful things to offer. Right now we are challenging ourselves to visit all the waterfalls located in Georgia. The more we research it the more we find other great things that this amazing state of ours has to offer. I have four reasons why I love hiking. Check them out below:
- Not expensive: The fact that we can do this and it not cause an arm and a leg is probably the top of my list. The most you have to do at the locations is pay for parking. That isn’t usually more than $6.
- Family bonding: My family and I really get to bond. I mean we still have our phones but we mainly use them to take pictures. The rest of time we are talking and taking in what’s around us.
- Nature’s beauty: I love seeing everything that nature has to offer. It is just so pretty. I highly recommend people get out and explore their state.
- Exercise: I love that I can get some exercise in while having fun. It is so cool to see how many steps I got in after each adventure on my Fitbit
I have been really enjoying travelling all over my state and seeing all that we have seen. I remember exploring the woods when I was a kid and wishing I could find some sort of treasure. Now doing it as an adult and while I am still not finding any hidden treasures such as gold coins I am finding other treasures like waterfalls, great views, and moments with my family. Check out some of the places we have been to.
- Toccoa Falls:
- Desoto Falls:
- Panola Mountain State Park:
It has been a real blast going on this adventure with my family. I highly encourage everyone to go and just explore the state that you live in. Then when you’re done with your state go to other states. I love the fact that we are exploring as a family. I actually hope that my kids continue to explore when they get older. It is super amazing what we are seeing.