Sometimes when I am talking about my dreams to The Husband I notice that he is half listening at times or he is giving the perfunctory yeah, uh-huh, okay. Whenever he did this I would always get offended and automatically assume that he just wasn’t interested in my dreams or he didn’t believe in me. Of course I am not thinking of the fact that I am saying the same dreams all over again. How I want to finish the book I am writing, how I want to make money from my blog, how I want to lose weight, how I want to do this and that. Just the same things over and over again. I have been saying the same freaking things for years. My good friend does it sometimes too. She sit and listen and then at the end she’ll go okay Katherine. Sometimes she will even say her favorite line “I will believe it when I see it. I get all up in my feelings thinking “Wow! They are just expecting me to fail.” Nope that’s not true at all. It’s not them, it’s me.
Here’s the truth. It’s not that they don’t believe in me. It’s that they are tired of hearing the same thing over and over again and not seeing any results. It’s just like listening to politicians make all these promises to make the United States better and here we are years later waiting for it. But we are not here to talk about politics. We are here to speak truth. I am a bigger talker than I am a person to put things in action. I am one of those people who takes my sweet time doing things. But some things need a little more action and it needs to be a little quicker. I am to blame for years of wanting things and not getting them. Not being where I want to be. I have these moments where I am really motivated and then suddenly I will lose it. Once I get into these dumps I don’t know how to get myself out. But if I want to people to see my vision I need to make sure I am taking action. It’s pretty hard for people to see you when you aren’t showing them. Here’s what I am doing to show the ones I love that I am motivated:
- I am being more consistent. Well I am trying to be more consistent. It is really hard. I make sure I am consistently working on one of my dreams every day.
- I am getting more organized. I am trying to get more organized. I realize when I’m not organize it makes me lose focus so I am trying to organize my life.
- I am making time for my dream. Sometimes I just allow life to get in the way. When that happens I tend to forget what I am trying to achieve. So I have to remember to leave time to continue to work on me.
- Making a schedule. I am going to try to make a schedule to fit in time to work on my dreams.
- Giving myself a time limit. Because I am an overthinker I find that I definitely need to give myself a time limit. I have found that if I don’t have a time limit I will spend more time on one thing than necessary.
- I am talking more. I am trying to open up more about the progress I am making. Sometimes people can’t support what they don’t know or understand.
I am realizing that I can’t expect people to root for me if I’m not making moves. If I am not supporting my own dreams I can’t expect others to do it either. Yes I want support but I need to do things that make them want to support me.