I received the product featured in this post free for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own.
Every year on the last day of school I can literally feel my grocery bill skyrocketing before I even go grocery shopping. I know my kids are going to be hungry. Now I only have two but sometimes I feel like I am feeding a small army. I still haven’t figured out where they put it. It feels like seconds after feeding them a meal they are hungry and want a snack. This can sometimes become a struggle because I would prefer they eat healthy but I know sometimes they want something sweet. I think we do a pretty good job of having a mix between the two. However I much prefer that they get both at one time and it still be good for them. This is why I am glad that I was offered the chance to try Kids Gourmet Slammers. These are organic smoothies in a squeezable pouch. They have organic ingredients and no sugar. They have a total of seven different flavors. I was sent five. The flavors I was sent was Awesome (contains bananas, blueberries, strawberries, beets, acai, and amaranth), Chill’n (contains bananas, blueberry, butternut squash, Greek yogurt, and yumberry), creamy banana chocolate (contains banana, coconut cream, sweet potato, and cocoa powder), Pomegranate grape crush (contains grape, pomegranate, coconut, apple, banana, and purple carrot), and watermelon kiwi burst (contains strawberry, kiwi, beets, apple, bananas, and watermelon).
I suspected Tyler wouldn’t really be a fan of Kids Gourmet Slammers because he isn’t really a smoothie person. He did give it a try though. Yeah I was right he wasn’t a fan. Nishe’ on the other hand loved these. I did too. She was constantly asking for a Slammer. When I asked her which flavor was her favorite she said Awesome. I am going to list our favorites to our least favorites.
- Awesome was our top favorite. We loved our the ingredients tasted together. I didn’t tell Nishe’ there was any beets in it until after she tasted it first. She was really surprised. (hint, hint parents your picky eaters can totally get their vegetables with these.)
- Our second favorite was Chill’n. You literally had no clue that there was any butternut squash in it. It has some of our favorite fruits in it. It tasted so good.
- Watermelon kiwi burst is up next. Again a great mix of ingredients. I thought it tasted really good. Nishe liked this one as well. Especially since it had watermelon in it. One of her favorite fruits.
- Pomegranate grape burst is in fourth place. We really enjoyed the taste.
- Our least favorite was Creamy Banana Chocolate. We just didn’t like the taste. I wish there would have been more fruit added to it. I thought that it just tasted like something was missing.
I think that this is a great afterschool snack. Especially for parents and kids who are on the go. It can be snatched on the way out the door. The squeezable pouches leaves less room for a mess especially for tiny hands. My teenager loved them. You can find the Kids Gourmet Slammers at Target, Publix, and Walmart.