2016 has been wonderful to me. There have been some lows but I have been pretty blessed this year. I won’t let the negatives take away from the many positive things that have happened to me. I did some new things, experienced some new things, and have been pretty happy. I am choosing to take these positives into 2017. Here are some of the great things that have happened to me.
- I think the biggest thing that happened to me this year was attending my first blogging conference. Blogalicious was all I thought that it would be and more. I of course want to go back and attend other conferences. But I think this one was a great one to attend. You can read all about it here.
- I am a working woman now. I finally found a job. Don’t worry I still plan to continue to blog. This was an accomplishment for me because I have been searching for a job on and off since 2007. It’s a little sad that it took so long but that doesn’t matter. What matters is I found one and it happens to be something I love. I get to work with kids which I have always wanted to do. You can find out more here.
- My family and I visited Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the first time. This was also one of the rare occasions that we actually got to take a vacation in the summer time. We had a blast. Myrtle Beach has so much to offer a family with kids of any age. My kids are wanting to go back. You can check out our adventures here and here.
- We did a great deal of hiking and saw several waterfalls. Which has led us to be healthier as a family. We have been more active in 2016 than we ever were years before. I am so proud of us. Check out the waterfalls that we have visited. Click here.
- I am healthier. I am still working on losing weight but I pretty much worked out a majority of this year. I have lost some weight but am working on losing more. I am learning to take it one day at a time.
- I am making more money with my blog. I love that. I wanted to do more work with other brands and networks and I am slowly beginning to do that. I hope to do more in 2017.
- I am more confident in myself and my abilities. 2016 is showing me how strong I really am. I am becoming stronger and happier.
2016 has definitely been great. The great things that have happened to me this year has me looking forward to 2017 and all that it holds. I can’t wait to meet any of the challenges that get in my way and ride the highs as far as I can. I hope it shapes up to be all that I want it to be and more. I am positive there are great things in store for me.
What great things have happened to you in 2016?