A few months ago The Husband walked in the door from work and he has this bag. Of course I was curious as to what was in the bag. I’m nosy like that. Later on I found out they were pistachios. Now I am not a huge nut lover. I have limited myself to pecans and peanuts. I had never tried any other one. Well I’ve had walnuts in brownies but with them mixed in chocolate you never really taste it. Now pistachios for some reason I remember a family member eating them and her fingers turning red. So it had some kind of dye on it so I think that’s why I never tried them. My husband is a picky eater so when he sat down and ate the whole bag I knew it must have been good and even more so when the next day he bought 4 bags. So that night I asked him to try some and I was hooked. They were delicious. Now I can’t stop eating them. Well whenever The Husband has some. He told me I need to buy my own. Ha ha ha! Now I know that peanuts have some health benefits such as they help to lower cholesterol. So I began to wonder what the health benefits were from eating pistachios since we all except for Private J love to eat them. So I did some research and this is what I found:
1. Pistachios lower your bad cholesterol because they are high in antioxidants.
2. They contain vitamins such as Vitamin A & E. These vitamins help the body fight off things such as inflammation. It also reduces the chances of heart disease. I always try to make sure I have a healthy intake of vitamins which includes things like lypo spheric vitamin c supplements that are available online.
3. They also reduce chances of potentially getting diabetes.
4.Pistachios can also help maintain beautiful and healthy skin.
5. They also promote eye health. Pistachios contain two different carotenoids that lower the risk of eye degeneration that can cause vision impairment and blindness.
6. Pistachios also help to keep the nervous system healthy as well.
7.They also help to maintain a healthy immune system also.
I am so glad that one of the foods I thoroughly enjoy has all these healthy qualities in it. I’m glad I can enjoy this particular food and not feel guilty. So I am going to continue to enjoy them.
*I obtained my information from Nugenix.com*