The other day I got a little daring in the kitchen. I decided to try making salmon for the first time. I have never made the fillets before. So I decided to give it a try. I was lucky and found some on sale. I got home and started trying to decide how exactly I was going to cook it besides my normal frying it. I had picked up some green peppers, tomatoes, and onions from the store. My staple vegetables. Then I went and looked in my cabinet and realized I had forgotten to pick up tomato sauce. So then I was totally loss. I felt like giving up.
But then I looked in my cabinet again and realized I had some vinegar. I decided to try to make a vinaigrette. Well I didn’t know I was making it at the time. But here is how I made it.
- I chopped up my green peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
- I sautéed the vegetables in the pan.
- I then took a whole tomato and put it in my blender and blended it.
- I then added some water and a little vinegar and blended those with the tomato.
- I then poured the mix over the sautéed vegetables and let it simmer on low for awhile while I pan seared my salmon.
- After I pan seared my salmon I poured the vinaigrette over it.
My side dish was broccoli with homemade cheese sauce. It was so good. I really enjoyed it and plan on making it again.