I am going to be honest with you. Marriage is not all roses. Every marriage goes through a rough patch. I love my husband to death and he loves me but there are times that we get on each other’s nerves. The happy times are easy to enjoy. It’s when the rough patch comes where the work comes in.
There are a few things that you should remember when tough times come in your marriage. This is what I learned over the years that I have been married. This is what has worked for me a few times.
- Give each other space.
- Listen to each other.
- Don’t say anything you will regret later.
- Communicate with each other.
- Acknowledge each other’s feelings.
- Learn to compromise.
- Keep it private.
- Have a good friend to talk to. Doesn’t have to be about the situation. Just someone who knows you might be having a difficult time and will listen or help lift your spirits.
- Remember you love each other.
- Marriage is work and it will never be easy.
The main thing that I think you should remember about marriage is that you and your partner are a team. You have to find a way to support and work with each other. Just like Rome wasn’t built in a day neither was a good solid marriage. You will always be growing and changing.