I turned 36 years old two weeks ago. I am beginning to understand when people say that when you hit your 30’s you start to come into yourself and you care about certain things a lot less. I am beginning to do both. Life is just to short to worry about certain things. When you are growing up you tend to worry about things are not really important. But you don’t realize it until you hit a certain age. Some people realize it sooner than others. It took me a little time but I am getting to that point where some things just aren’t as important as I thought they were.
Here are some things that I am unbothered by or beginning to be unbothered by now that I am in my 30’s:
- People’s opinions: I am getting to the point where I don’t really care about the opinions of others who are not trying to help me improve myself.
- Putting myself first: I am no longer putting myself on the back burner. So I will not feel guilty about it anymore. I realize it’s okay to think about me.
- People being angry with me: I realize now that some of my decisions aren’t going to make everyone happy. So I can’t stop living my life the way I want to because of it.
- Friends: I used to want friends so bad but now I know that if people are meant to be my friends they will accept me and be honest with me.
- Fitting in: I have had to work on this the most. I don’t fit in with everyone and it can be a little lonely but I am finally to a point where I am okay with it.
- Fear: I am unbothered by fear. I am learning that if I am uncomfortable with something that I am pursuing in most situations I need to keep going because I am about to enter a major change. Sometimes being Uncomfortable is a good thing.
- Speaking my mind: I am getting better at speaking my mind. I am okay with people not liking what I am going to say all the time. Sometimes the point is to get something off my chest rather than worrying about how they react.
I am glad to be maturing and growing. I am feeling myself change day by day. I look at where use to be and am glad that I had the experiences I had and learned the lessons that I did. I don’t think I would ever change the things that I did. The things that we experience are meant to shape us into who we are. I love the way that I am changing. I can’t wait to see what other changes I make.