Since changing our diet The Husband and I have been on the hunt to continue enjoying some of our favorite foods. One of our favorite foods is pizza. We love pizza. Only thing is now we are not eating bread. So of course we can’t eat pizza if there is crust. So we had to find a solution.
One day I started looking up pizza with no crust and discovered that Marco’s had a pizza bowl. They give you all the ingredients of pizza but no bread. I became intrigued. I showed this to The Husband. He was curious about the pizza bowl too. So we decided that the first chance we got that we would give them a try. That chance came this past weekend. We headed to Marco’s just before they opened and put in our order. It took about fifteen minutes to receive our orders. I had the Garden Bowl and added ground beef. The Husband had the deluxe bowl. He took out the pepperoni , mushrooms, and onions. He then added chicken. When we opened our boxes we were surprised at how good everything looked. It basically still kind of looked like a pizza but had no crust. We took a bite and it still had pizza taste it was so good. Now we kind of had a dilemma. Now that we had tasted the pizza bowls we wanted more. How can we get it without spending a ton of money? The two pizza bowls we got cost $20.00.
We decided that we would try to make them at home. Today we headed to the store and picked up some ingredients. We already had some at home. We decided our pizza bowls would have sausage, chicken, bell peppers, red peppers, cheese, and pizza sauce.
- First I cooked the sausage and chicken in the pan. While I was doing this The Husband was cutting up the bell and red peppers.
- Then we added the bell and red peppers to the pan and cooked them with the sausage and chicken.
- Next The Husband added cheese to the bottom of the pan.
- The Husband added a layer of pizza sauce after the cheese.
- After that some of the chicken, sausage, and peppers were added.
- Then repeated steps 3-5 a second time before adding a final layer of cheese.
- We put the pan in the oven for 30 minutes on 350.
Once it was done we dug in. We were very happy with our results. It tasted so good to us both. It was worth trying. We have already said we are going to make it again with different ingredients. I have a few in mind.