Lately on my blog I have been speaking a great deal about of waterfalls. My family and I have become fans of them over the past few months. The past few weekends we haven’t been to one. Well my husband and son went to one last weekend. I hope to share the name of that one with you later. The main reason why we love these trips is that it’s a great way to spend time with your family, you get to enjoy nature, and it’s affordable. Moreover, if you travel with a camper or caravan, you could save on travel and accommodation costs as well. Honestly, it is one of the best ways to enjoy nature. All you would need to do is pack necessary items like food, flashlight, first aid kits, clothes, and a bike if you want to go on a trail expedition (for which you would need to purchase something like an RV bike mount).
But before you begin your journey, it would be wise to get your camper van checked for any necessary repairs. For instance, you might need to repair or replace damaged body panels (perhaps with the assistance of professional Panelbeating service providers). Or you might need to change the tyres of your vehicle. Additionally, if you choose to go the “camper van” route, you may need to make sure that your vehicle is equipped with all the necessary accessories (find water tanks and fridge slides for sale and perhaps purchase them) to ensure that you and your family stay comfortable throughout the trip. With the warmer weather coming in I think it is a great time to visit some of these great waterfalls. So I am doing a round up of the ones that we have visited so far. I hope you get a chance and get out to visit some of them. Here are 7 waterfalls in Georgia and other near by states you can visit on spring break/summer vacation.–Helton Creek Falls: This waterfall is located in Blairsville, Ga. You can actually find two waterfalls here. It is very pretty. You can also visit Vogel State Park which is located a few miles away from this waterfall. A warning though: driving a car down to this waterfall is a bit of a tight squeeze. The road down is very narrow. However, you could reach there on a bike, renting one from the likes of ATV Rentals West Virginia. Or you can also walk down the trail, anything that suits you the best!
– Anna Ruby Falls: Our next waterfall is Anna Ruby Falls. It is located in Helen, Ga. This waterfall is very pretty. You have to walk a little ways to get to it but it is well worth the trip. Another great thing about this waterfall is to get to it you have to drive through a German town to get to it. This town is so cute! You can stop and explore it but you also can see horses and experience traditional German food.
– Amicalola Falls: This next waterfall is the one that conquered me. It’s located in Dawsonville, Ga. I so want to go back and make it up the 750 stairs you have to climb to get closer to the waterfall.
– Desoto Falls: You can find this waterfall in Blairsville, Ga. It’s a few miles from Helton Creek Falls. You have to hike a few miles to get to this waterfall. Your efforts will be rewarded though.
–Toccoa Falls: Located in Toccoa Falls, Ga. This waterfall is found on a college campus. It has the shortest walk. It is absolutely gorgeous! This would a great waterfall for little ones.
– Tallulah Falls: This waterfall is located in Lakemont, Ga. It is a great place to hike. You can see the waterfall from many different angles. But to get a closer look you have to walk down 310 stairs, cross a bridge, and then go down 221 more stairs. Then climb the 221 steps again. After you climb the steps again you have a choice between climbing 310 stairs and the bridge or 347 stairs. We went back the way we came.
– Dry Falls: The final waterfall can be found in Highlands, NC. There is actually four waterfalls in a row on this trip. It is definitely worth the trip. It is very beautiful and each one is different. The family would love it!
I hope that you will take advantage of these great falls while the whether is hot. You can even take advantage of it in cooler weather. Click on the name of each waterfall to read about our adventures.