When I became a mom for the first time I learned pretty quickly that it’s best to always be prepared. You have to always expect the unexpected. Like the one time my family and I were stuck in traffic for over two hours when Nishe’ was two and Tyler was one because of an unfortunate incident involving the police. An errand that usually took us about twenty minutes to run took us longer than expected. Because we thought it wouldn’t take that long we opted to eat dinner when we got back. That wasn’t an option two hours later. They were not happy and were screaming at us. The one thing that saved The Husband and I was the fact that we had grabbed some snacks and juice on our way out of the door. Without those snacks we could have had a huge situation.
My kids are teenagers now and we still make sure that we grab snacks on our way out the door. We all have our favorite snacks. For me my must haves in my emergency snack kits are:
- Crackers. I have to have my Ritz crackers or those little sandwich crackers.
- Fruit. I always love to have an apple, orange, or some kind of fruit on me.
- Nuts. I am a fan of peanuts and have recently become a fan of pistachios (thanks to The Husband).
- Granola bars. I love a great granola bar. They can be so filling.
- Sweets. I’m not a good girl all the time. I still love to have cookies and candy. My favorite is gummy worms.
I am trying to be on a healthier path. I recently came across this website that I am thinking of ordering from. The name of the website is Nuts.com. The snacks on this website looks awesome! They are geared towards healthy living. They have organic, raw, gluten free, and sugar free snacks. They also have dark chocolate and a variety of healthy snacks like veggie chips. All the snacks are reasonably priced. You have a great deal to choose from. You can also purchase coffee, tea, and baking items. While I haven’t order anything yet I definitely plan on it. It looks like this company has great products.