Today I’m drawing a blank on something interesting to write about. Today I have been pretty annoyed. My HOA decided it would be a great idea to turn off the water of the whole complex without notice to work on a leak in one of the townhouses. Which left me (since I was the only one home) without water for about 4 hours. Which I didn’t notice until around lunch time because up until that point I had no use for the water. Thanks to the head of the HOA I have a massive headache. On top of that my neighbors don’t seem to realize that other people live in the neighborhood cause they keep allowing their visitors who come like 4 or 5 cars at a time to take up everyone’s parking spaces. The Husband has had to park somewhere else far too many times to count and then they add to it by parking directly in front of our stairs that lead down to our front door. One of them has already scratched our car.
Okay so now that I’ve ranted a little I’ll share something that I’ve been thinking about lately. Princess S and Private I have been showing interests in wanting their friends to come visit and vis versa. Being that I don’t want any children to come over to our home and their parents not know where they are and I don’t want my kids to go anywhere where I haven’t met the parents I have set these guidelines which might be a bit much but hey I’ve got to protect my babies and ourselves when the kids come over here. My kids have asked for people to come over but then change their minds when I tell them what’s required. Hey if they want company they and their friends will have to do what’s requested. Okay anyway here guess:
1. I must speak to the parents of the friend. Meaning I have to hear from their parents that the child is allowed to come over or if my children are going over there that one or both parents will be home.
2. The parents and I must meet face to face. There will be no dropping and running. I want the parent to see the face of the person who will be watching their child and same goes for me.
3. We will exchange numbers. Thus means anyone who has a phone within the household is whose number I want and same for my home. Everyone in my home will give our numbers.
4. I will give a run down of everything the parent will can expect their child to be doing and they will be informed if anything changes.
5. Time of pick up will be set.
I think my kids don’t think their friends will be willing to do this cause after I tell them they never ask again. Ha ha ha! Guess its a good deterrent as well.
This came up in my head because the other day Princess S was telling me about some of her peers asking her if she gets to do things by herself. I guess they were trying to gauge what would happen if they came to visit. Like they asked if she was allowed to go to the store alone. Well seeing as the store is over a mile from our home I don’t see her or Private J doing that anytime soon. When I think about it I was like 15 or 16 when I was able to do that without my two older brothers and go with just my friends and I. These are the guidelines we have set for our family and what works for us. I actually don’t feel bad about it either.